Thursday, February 17, 2011

My first guest

Welcome to Mayim Bialik.

Her credentials are being Blossom. She also got her phd. Apparently that makes her an expert. I'll almost give her that except her phd is in neuroscience and it was not focused on children in the least bit. But, now she's giving us parenting advice.

http://moms.today.com/_news/2011/02/15/6059853-why-i-dont-force-my-kids-to-say-please-or-walk-on-schedule

Not sure if you saw it or not. But she isn't making her kids say please and thank you. And she thinks that mothers who make their kids share are hovering.

There are certain things that I take no issue with. I DO think that a lot of things are being over diagnosed. That our kids, if they aren't on the correct time line, are labeled as having something. I agree with her on that...to a point.

I do have issue with not requiring some level of sharing. I have issues with not asking your children to be polite. I have issues with not asking your children to excel.

I guess if you are forced to be on set at a young age, and are smart you are bitter? I don't get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment