Friday, February 25, 2011

WINDY City



well - first that video is HYSTERICAL! What a toad;)

second I swear to everything that is holy if the wind doesn't stop soon? like as in stop for the winter - I'm going to lose my ever loving mind! I am pretty sure that I am developing Prairie Fever which is odd only because I don't live anywhere close to a friggen prairie!

Today the forecast? Wind all day. Getting worse this afternoon. Gusts 40-60 mph.

Being a midwest girl? AUGH!

My parents came to visit us when I had my youngest - and we had one of the worst nor'easters that my husband could remember (he's born and bred NJ). They had always poo poo'd me when I would complain about the constant wind. They had laughed when I told them I would take their Michigan snow and trade them the NJ wind. Then they lived through it. Now, every time my parents hear of bad weather nor'easters or anything close they call to check on us.

It's driving me bonkers. The worst part truly is that 1 week ago - exactly 1 week ago, we were at the zoo and park because it was so nice out. I don't mind the cold and dark winters AT ALL. I love snow (which we rarely get but have gotten this year). I love the sun setting at 4:30 (I'm not kidding). I DO MIND THE WIND. and I REALLY mind when the weather jerks us around. If there had been no nice weather? this wouldn't be so horrible.

I need a cocktail.

No comments:

Post a Comment