Monday, June 20, 2011

There are sparklies in my hair

I have to tell you...There are sparkly things in my hair. They are not pretty. They are not clips. They are gray hairs sprouting up more and more.

I have colored my hair since the ripe old age of 15 (my mom wasn't cool like that...but my hair turned so orangey in the sun that summer that it was not good looking. All she let me do was dye it back to brown where it belonged.) So anyways, when I started getting grays I didn't notice right away cause I always have color in.

I had some blond high lights for a while and if that wasn't so much maintenance I would do it again.

I did my hair for work the other day - using more of a "part" than I usually do and oh lord. The silver things staring back at me were frightening. I mean heaven help me. I'm turning 35 in 4 weeks...I don't know if I feel old enough for this crap.

I have to be totally honest, if I had those beautiful silver strands coming through? I might consider letting it come in. I have seen even younger ish women with silver and it looks so pretty. Do I have the beautiful silver? oh no, no I don't. I have very ugly very hard to color and disguise true gray hairs.

I'm not a fan.

How come when a man gets those grays he becomes a silver fox with some salt and pepper going on, but when a woman gets them it's all ugly! Why? Why? Why?

I'm not even kidding. It's not attractive. It makes me feel old. I'm not a fan.

And the bigger problem is that I can't seem to find the time to do it. Seriously!

Getting old sucks...big.

1 comment:

  1. Oh I know the feeling! I have far to many white hairs showing up these days. I am not a fan at all!

    ReplyDelete