Saturday, April 23, 2011

I'm BACK

Holy cow. I'm back. whew. That was actually a long and somewhat fun (depends on the day) week. I visited (with 3 kids and a husband) my family in Michigan. So...in true bitchy form...here's my bitches of the week!

1. it rained everyday except 2. Of those 2 one day it snowed a few inches. I have pictures. I will post them. it was frocken ridiculous!

2. Family pictures. All I wanted to get was one family picture, and one picture of the boys. Umm...DUH I forgot to get the boys by themselves! I'm not dumb. I had arrived in MI at close to midnight on Friday night and then turned around and had family pictures done at 10 am on Saturday. (maybe I am dumb). There were 15 of us. We were moving quickly cause thing 3 was in a mood (to say the least). oh well. Mission accomplished on the family picture.

3. Cheap family members. *sigh* I am not extravagant in buying myself clothes, shoes or just about anything. I like my coupons, I like my sales. But when it comes to gift giving? I pretty much go as all out as I can. Not so with some of my family members. We split the pictures 3 ways as a gift for my mom and dad (birthday). We got a TON of sheets for all of us and a big "painted" one for my parents. The split bill? $78 per person. ummm CHEAP! Someone *ahem* wanted to go through and count the sheets and divide exactly...um no. I had a coupon (aha!) that we got 8 sheets at $8 and then after that it was $2. so who cares if my brother got an extra sheet or if I did. it was $2 and not worth the hassle of a calculator.

4. Ungrateful people. Same cheap family member (are you seeing a bitter theme?). I brought a room full of baby clothes. I really did. I had saved last years baby clothes to sell or donate or whatever. then I got a new nephew. So I kept saving and packing up. Um...my minivan was full. My oldest could barely get his seat belt buckled cause there were bags of clothes next to him. some people don't know how to say thank you. guess that saves me from having to bring out more bags.

5. The weather. Did I mention that already?

6. Living so far away from some really awesome people. Hubs and I got to go out with some of my high school friends one night and we had SO much fun. Miss that kind of stuff!

7. Driving 12 hours in the rain. Did I mentioned that it rained while I was in Michigan? Well...it also rained 12 hours when I drove home!

8. Gas prices - what the hell is going on? Why are they allowed to yank our chain? To my knowledge no oil fields have dried up in the past month. No refinery's have closed. What the hell is the problem?

9. Grinders. I can't get a good grinder in NJ (which maybe ok considering my hiney size). I miss grinders. Yes, we have better cheese steaks, hoagies, and well...a lot of other things. But I love a grinder!

10. Knowing that I won't get to go home until December. meh. :)

I'll be back in full swing this week. Hoping to get caught up on my tv and then maybe we can discuss some crazier bitches than just me!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you made it back all right.
    Ungrateful people drive me nuts too. really pisses me off when I put time and effort into something and they don't apprecaite it or say thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heidi - I knew I wasn't alone on this. To be perfectly honest - this ungrateful couple is ungrateful to just about everyone. It's not just me. grrr

    ReplyDelete