Friday, April 8, 2011

I'm a little late

It's really to late to make new years resolutions given that it's well...April. And my birthday isn't THAT far away to make a list of things to do before I turn *gulp* 35. So I'm going to make a list of things that I would like have happen before then end of 2012. It's neither a bday list or a new years resolution. I'm calling it the 2011 bucket list:)

I don't know about you, but I get inspired reading other people list. I do a lot of "oh yeah - I should TOTALLY do that". Stuff like that. So I hope that you can find some sort of inspiration today from me (bitchy or otherwise) and if not can find humor in my goals (I know I do).

1. Lose 40 more pounds. *I have more to lose than 40, but 40 seems like something that I actually may be able to accomplish this year*

2. Buy "real size" dress for my birthday!

3. Do the 30 day shred Level 3 *I'm barely doing level 1 at this point*

4. Have a clean garage *My garage is huge. I store a LOT of crapolla in it. It's a disaster right now. I think I need a big old dumpster and just pitch all the bs out*

5. Get middle son potty trained *he'll be 3 in June*

6. Pay off the mini-van *rather ambitious but I'm hoping that this summer really pays off at work*

7. Do the water park at the boardwalk *Oldest son is somewhat of a daredevil and LOVES it*

8. Get family portrait done *Ha ha ha - have an appt for next week while we are in Michigan*

9. Use my day spa gift cert that I've had for 1.5 years now

10. Be nice for one whole entire day *maybe this will have to be a day when I don't have kids around me*

11. Take each kid out separately with hubs

12. Take everyone to the Aquarium

13. Look into possible office work from home *My old job in construction could have 95% been done at my house. I'm kind of thinking I should get busy and try to score some similar work with a company that would be willing to hire me from my house*

14. Do the beach *Despite where I live, I am not a beach lover. It's sandy there. On top of that I have 3 young boys, 2 I'm sure that will head straight for the ocean, 1 that will avoid it. 1 might eat sand. AND our beach is LONG...Like the fishing pier doesn't reach the water long. it's ridiculous. So it is quite an adventure to get down to the water so...we'll see about this one*

15. Eat at Jen Carroll's restaurant from Top Chef *It's really Eric Ripert's Restaurant 10 Arts which just heightens my need to eat there*

16. Go gambling. *I used to get to Atlantic City a few times a year, now I'm lucky for one...but I do love it so*

17. Buy real shoes, not for work, not flip flops but actual shoes *would be fun for me. Besides work shoes and flip flops I think the last pair of shoes I bought for myself was in August of 2009 for my sister's wedding. Before that? I couldn't even tell you. and NO I'm not exaggerating at all*

18. Clean out one of our attics *this goes right along with #4. My MIL lived with us for years, which is a completely separate story that I might share one day. All her shit is still in Attic #1 (we have 2). Now...She is alive, well to a point (in her 80's), and still has all her crap stored here even though she doesn't live here. I could actually use that space for something...but no. I mean it has my FIL's old walker. He died in 1997. That's how bad it is up there. Once again - must have dumpster cause it's all getting trashed which will make her mad...I'm not super concerned about it.*

19. Make it through the holidays and family functions without yelling at anyone *this is actually going to be a goal that CAN'T be crossed off until the end of the year...and it might be my toughest*

20. Plan a vacation for 2012 *even if it's just a week-end away somewhere*

ok so that's it. So far. I reserve the right to add to this list whenever I feel like it. And I reserve the right to use long lengthy wordy blogs to update you on the status of all of them:)

No comments:

Post a Comment