Friday, April 1, 2011

It's April Fools day

This holiday is somewhat ridiculous isn't it? The only good thing about April Fools Day is that it is a "big" deal so I get reminded that it's my dad's birthday and that I should call him. So thanks crazy stupid holiday for reminding me to call my dad today.

Now...I am a big facebook person. Since starting to stay at home during the day with my boys, my only real interaction with adults during the day is facebook. Yes, a remarkably sad fact...but still a fact;) But now with April Fools Day I have to decipher every single post to see if I'm being punked. I do not have the brain power for that today I decided.

I remember in Grade School ALWAYS falling for the jokes. I fall for just about anything cause apparently I'm slow like that.

Apparently this so called holiday has been happening since the 1500's or earlier? Apparently they screwed everyone up and moved the new year from April 1 to January one...odd thing to do. Click here for a better explanation than I am ever going to give you. I guess even Chaucer liked the day? Since he referenced it in one of his books (keep meaning to pick up Chaucer, but...)

If you like this day a little more than I do, Huffington Post has the top 5 pranks (in their opinion) listed. One of them involves pranking Limbaugh (which I am always interested in). To me the best one is the one from England. basically the BBC announced that Swiss Farmers had a to big crop of Spaghetti...from Spaghetti trees. Apparently people (I would have too) called in wanting to know where they could get their own spaghetti trees...sweet chicken.

so Meh. This bitchy gullible girl says NO to pranking people on April Fools, but apparently I am in the minority on this.

Anyone have a good prank?

No comments:

Post a Comment