Tuesday, April 5, 2011

More Shopping

Sweet chicken - I am apparently on a roll. I can't stop shopping.

We leave for Michigan soon. We are having a family portrait done. I need something to wear. I have lost enough weight for my shirts to not look great (I mean why do I want to look heavier than I am at this point?) and honestly - I don't buy a lot of dress clothes at this point in my life. I'm basically in my mom uniform most days (some sort of comfy pants and shirt) or I'm in a work uniform of khaki's and a polo. So I want a new shirt. I can dig up some sort of black pants but I NEED a new shirt.

So...when we went to the mall I looked. Nothing.

I live in an area without much shopping close by but we do have a Fashion Bug. I thought Oh I can go there! ummm....has anyone been in a Fashion Bug lately? I wanted to shoot myself. I am not a small girl so I'm still on the big girl side of the store. I do not need to look like a Grandma. I also do not need to wear a sleeveless shirt. Seriously who wants to see these arms up close and personal? no one.

There were bedazzled shirts in there - I swear there was. All I need is a plain type of colorful shirt. NOPE. It was more than frustrating.

So, I am still shirtless.

Then I made the big trip to Walmart. (This trip is all sans kids since I left after I put them to bed).

I know a lot of people have strong opinions about Walmart. I am not one of them. I do not make enough money to not like Walmart. I also don't live in an area where I have a choice. There is a K-Mart and a Walmart. umm....I'll take Walmart anyday. K-mart is randomly expensive and never has exactly what I'm looking for.

I know I know...People think that Walmart is horrible to their employees. I would like you to show me a major retail chain that is NOT horrible to their employees. I have worked (although briefly) at JC Penney's and at Meijers. Neither one was what I would call motivating to employees.

And I know that Walmart drives a lot of small businesses out of town. I get that. That is the one thing that I don't like about Walmart. BUT...like I've said - I'm not a rich woman. And honestly, if a small local store had great customer service and had things that I needed, I would more than likely buy some items there still. But honestly? I haven't noticed that having a Walmart has changed my shopping that much. I now can just find crap I need locally instead of having to drive 1 hour.

Here is how desperate I am. I even looked for a nice shirt at Walmart. No dice.

I don't know if I have time to order something or not and I'm starting to panic. I hate it that this is going to be a picture to last a LONG time and I have nothing to wear. It's so sad:(

It makes me pissed off actually.

I know I need to lose weight. But I should still be able to buy something nice that isn't jammy like and isn't bedazzled. Why is it so hard to find something decent that isn't horribly ugly?

Banging my head on the wall seems like the right answer at this point.

Any tips? Suggestions?

4 comments:

  1. I hear ya! I hate shopping. I live in a bigger town with lots of stores to choose from and I can still never find anything. Department stores never have anytyhing but granny clothes and stores like Lane Bryant and nice but usually to expensive for my budget. I usually find something on line from JC penney that isn't great but I can live with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went to Lane Bryant at the mall Heidi. I was all like - ok you HAVE to spend money on yourself. It doesn't matter - you need a new shirt. Screw the cost. I tried one on - but it was blech. For $10 I would have bought some for hanging out in the summer but it was $36 so no.

    constant whining out of me today;0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. duh...forgot. Thanks for the Penney's tip. I haven't looked there. Wonder if I can find something there...hmmm...lol We have one of those tiny penney's in town so I might have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I GOT A SHIRT:) lol It's not my dream shirt but 1 - it fits, 2 - it was WAY within my price range, and 3 - it fits:)

    Heidi I went to a local (very small) department store and I would have never thought of it if you hadn't mentioned penney's;) So while I didn't get my shirt there - thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete