Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Reality Tuedsay

Anyone out there watching Bethenny Ever After? I have to say I'm not religious about it (like I am with housewives) but I'm enjoying it.

She's gotten a lot of bad "press" in terms of the bloggers out there, but I have to disagree. I like it. I think it's cute and more real than most reality shows. I love the fact that it shows the newlyweds fighting. UMM duh. They met, got pregnant, got engaged, got married and now have a baby all within what? 2 years? On top of that Bethenny has a pretty big business going now and I know Jason works (just have no idea what he does).

I've read blogs (and blogs comments) that Bethenny needs to stop whining about her childhood blah blah blah. I don't know if the people writing this are parents or not...but I remember having my first son. Everything was overwhelming. Life was overwhelming. I felt my relationships rocked by it. Life was just not even close to being the same. And the bad part is - I had NO idea any of this was going to happen!

We had our first son 2 weeks after our first wedding anniversary. And we built an addition while I was pregnant. And then our first son came 4 weeks early. WE WERE NOT EVEN CLOSE TO PREPARED! That's the honest truth. And I AM a baby person. Babysat my way through high school and even after. LOVED being around kids and babies. I don't see Bethenny as having that before she had her own. Yes, friends had babies around her, but I don't feel like she spent days with them.

So I'm saying all of this in defense of her (and who knew that I felt so protective over her? odd). If she needs to revisit her past to get herself straightened out? Good for her. Life is overwhelming. If you need to understand your past to get yourself to move forward...isn't that a GOOD THING?

ok - end Bethenny Rant.

What did you guys think of the premiere of NYC Housewives?

Here's and "interview" with crazy Kelly:) it's funny

I have to say that Jill Zarin is one crazy bitch - she really is isn't she? Who keeps telling people (and the camera's) that you've changed and you're SO NICE now and then says "That Alex McCord is such a fucking bitch" tee hee - her excuse on Andy Cohen's talk show that night? is that she didn't say it to those women, she said it to producers...more or less that she wasn't going to get caught on camera saying it. That was her excuse. That she wouldn't get caught.

oh...here's a little article about Jill and her new look (did you see it? cause OMG wow on What what happens live? she looked like a complete doofus) She does appear to have gotten freshened up a bit...or a lot.:)

As for the rest of it, watching Luann makes me uncomfortable. Truly. She sceeves me I guess. I like Alex most of the time and actually I like Ramona too. Ramona is catching hell for being so horrible in the interviews...but come on. If you have an interview with Ramona - 1 you should know who you are interviewing with...and there is plenty of crazy Ramona footage out there and 2 - she's somewhat right...if this is what an interview with her is like imagine working for her. So, why would she pretend to be all sweet and nice and warm and fuzzy? nah - you go ahead Ramona.

Not sure if I like the new girl or not. Jury is still out.

Anyone watching the OC Housewives? I work on Sundays so I don't get to see every episode of them either right now.

anyhoo - along with my reality obsession I have championed a blog obsession...have you guys ever read Lynn in Chicago? funny lady who covers most reality shows;)

What's on tonight?

2 comments:

  1. Just got to watch RHONY on the DVR, its gonna be a good season!!! I watch OC, didn't catch last season, but am giving it a whirl. As for Bethenny, she's grown on me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to catch up on RHONY! Missed it being on vaca! grr...missed ALL my shows;)

    ReplyDelete