Sunday, April 10, 2011

I'm running out of time!

I leave for my big Michigan journey in exactly 5 days. AUGH.

In that time I need to catch up the laundry (they were flushing the lines on my island during the past week...which can sometimes turn the water brown that day - so I did almost no laundry cause I didn't want to deal with getting the brown water marks out). Catching up laundry of 2 adults and 3 kids? 3 little kids that go through what seems like an abnormal amount of clothes? Not so easy.

I need to pack 4 of us. My hubs is a great packer and does his own. I need to pack for a family picture, a baptism (new nephew) and for I don't know what kind of weather. *sigh*

I need to organize my car, but first I should try cleaning it. My car is a disaster. I mean disaster. So I need to vacuum, throw away, blah blah blah. Then I need to get it ready for the trip. Which entails finding all the dvd's and putting them in the right cases:)

I need to pack the fun bag and food bag. Fun bag - dvd's with easy access, Leapster, Mobi go, maybe coloring? not sure.

Food bag. *sigh* this is where it gets complicated. We are driving out on Friday. And it's Lent. *sigh* I may see if my husband will let us cheat and eat meat. No one besides me likes Tuna or Egg Salad. Eating at the rest stops will only have meat to my knowledge (maybe a fish sandwich...but yuck). I have learned to pack abnormal amounts of food and drinks for the kids though. They are REALLY good in the car if they are fed and not thirsty. Plus, well, I don't get them fully out of the car a lot. It takes 3 times as long and they are ALWAYS cranky in rest stops...so it doesn't seem to "help" them. So...food and drink...have to get thinking about what I can bring.

I want (although this isn't a true "need") to have my house in somewhat decent order when we leave. It's SO nice coming home to a somewhat decently clean house. So I'm working on that.

I also am taking out an obscene amount of clothes for new nephew. I have had 3 boys and now it's time to pay it forward with my hand me downs. I have bags and bags and bags - not sure if they will all fit in the mini-van or not but I'm going to try.

On top of all of the real things that I actually need to do...here comes the bitchy. I need to get over myself. I have had some family issues and I need to just drop it. I still think I'm in the right, and I'm tired of having my feelings hurt, but...in the interest of having a good trip and a nice time I need to zip it. In my head especially.

You know how when you're mad or "done" with someone EVERYTHING they do can be ripped apart? yup. I'm there right now with my sister. Huge long dramatic story, but...I need to figure out how to stop getting my feelings hurt and ALSO need to learn to ignore. This will be the hardest part of my week:) I can pack (I'm getting pretty awesome at it) but...this will be my challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment