Friday, April 29, 2011

so many topics so little time

I have SO much to say today (between Royal Wedding, RHONYC last night...) but I'm veering away from what's happening in the world and selfishly talking about me. Meh it's my blog and I'll type about me if I want to.

I would have to say that I wasn't the nicest girl in high school. I wasn't the meanest, but I wasn't the nicest either. There are still people I feel bad about. I don't think (at least not to my knowledge) that I was down right mean to them, but I wasn't friendly either.

As an adult (if I can call myself that!) there have been numerous people that I've reconnected with that maybe I wasn't best friends with in high school and that feels good. Even if it's just the facebook friendship with the occasional "Oh your kids are adorable" or reading their status and going - yup we have a lot in common that I never realized.

That being said, I wasn't as bitchy as some might think either.

While we were in Michigan I hooked up with a group of friends that honestly we were always friendly in high school but not in a talk on the phone every night kind of way. But as adults we have a BLAST together...except one person.

On this trip my husband came with us and we had a couple of boys from school there too. My husband has met most of these people once or twice and a couple of them never. He has no clue as to what's going on, who's really great friends with who, blah blah blah.

I went outside with a couple of people during the evening (I tend to float away when drinking especially if led). I left hubs at the table. He was fine...until the one person opened her mouth. We're going to call her Sam for clarity although that's not her name.

Sam and I never truly hung out. I wasn't mean to her we just never had a ton in common although we had a few friends in common so we'd see each other occasionally. We never fought, never had any grudges that I know of nothing.

I am assuming that the group I went out with hangs out semi regularly when I'm not in MI, but let's be clear this was a school night and a definite "Heather is in town we're going out" kind of night. It was NOT a "let's go out, oh Heather is coming too".

Sam was rude the whole night (this happened last time I was home too same group but no hubs). She'll interrupt a story I'm telling to say "What's the point of this". That kind of rude. I'm sorry if I'm not always entertaining...but...

Anyhoo - point. While I was away from the table she turned to everyone left there (including hubs) and said "Heather is really loud". Hubs was like WHAT? but didn't actually say WHAT cause like I said, he had no idea what was going on and didn't want to be offensive or upset me (He is so sweet). Another girl said "Heather is just fun" (LOVE HER).

But, I have to ask, Why would you come out if you have such an issue with me? Why would you have the balls to say something in front of my hubs? Is she just that miserable?

On one hand I could care less, but it poses some questions for me. Not sure what the issues were, but maybe she can just stay home next time...which leads to my question...How do I get her to not come? One of the girls in the group babysits her kids during the day, one cuts her hair (the dutch mafia inter-tangling). How can I ask that she not get the invite?

People have issues and it's not just me:)

No comments:

Post a Comment