Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Enough Already

omg. I know I bitch a lot. But I created this little blog as an outlet of my bitching (and hoping to find the humor behind my bitching). I do not call people and demand that they actually listen to my bitching, I put it up here for the world to see...and if they don't like? They don't have to come back.

My friend Hannah is pregnant with her third child. YEA! I love babies. I'm secretly jealous of every pregnant person I know. I have delusions that a fourth would make life fun (no worries, the tubes are tied so it's not like I have an actual say in this...I think that is part of the "charm" of saying I wouldn't mind 4...I can't make it happen).

Anyhoo - Hannah is a nice enough person. Will listen (well to a point), will DEFINITELY sympathize with me, and comes up with some good one liners.

But Hannah will not shut.up. Her life is so miserable...so she says. Everything goes wrong...unless she is in charge then it might be the best ever.

She's one of those. One of those people who's kids get THE WORST COLD EVER. She gets the worst morning sickness known to man kind. She's competitive with the negative...and I hate that.

She's mildly competitive with the positive (first steps, first words) but not as much as she is with the negative.

She's not the only one I know like this, but I'm using her as my target practice today. Thankfully Hannah doesn't know that I have a blog...

Here's the story: I do not feel sorry for anyone. I do but I don't. does that make sense? I mean yes, if your parent dies, ok I feel sorry for you. Yes, I can find some sympathy for the raging bitch inside of you - I have her too. Yes, I know it sucks when the kids get sick - I can feel a little bad for you...but it stops there.

I do not need daily updates, or hourly, on how much your life sucks. Unless you got married when you were in some sort of coma, or they blindfolded you and put ear plugs in your ears and pushed you to the alter - you knew who you were marrying. (Yes, husbands can be a lot of work - but I would venture to say that most of them don't change drastically - I can talk about divorce on another day).

Unless you had some sort of immaculate conception or you woke up to your husband finishing his business which got you pregnant - you knew what you were doing.

I'll be honest...My timing between kid 2 & 3 wasn't my "choice". I would have liked them spaced out a little...but...I am fully aware of how I got pregnant and why. I can't complain about it - in fact I fixed it so it wouldn't happen to me again.

My kids are absolutely butt nuts today (today thing 2 is crying at nap time because he wants to sleep in thing 1's bed. I said go ahead. He then cried cause he wanted to sleep in his bed. I said go ahead. I have stopped going in there now). I have to say that somedays I want to hide from them. But I don't think I've ever done it. And I think I have the decency in my life to realize that I'm not the only one who feels like this, and no my kids are not the worst in the world (there are kids that like to set things on fire...thankfully those kids are not mine...yet).

And since we're talking about this, why would you want to out do someone with the negative things in your life? Why would you choose this to compete with? is it because it's all you feel you have to win with? That's ridiculous. Maybe even commitable.

I like to say we all have our own cross to bear. It's so ridiculous to think that your life is so much worse than everyone else's. I mean come on. The person I'm talking about has a home, has 2 really cute kids, has a husband who helps sometimes at least, has family nearby in case of emergencies...sorry. The boat has sailed for me. I have lost the ability to feel bad for a person that in some respects has it all.

The last stop for the complain train is here...

2 comments:

  1. Yes, yes, yes. I know a few Hannahs myself and they make me crazy too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I mean...we all have our days. I freely admit I have more than my fair share...but WHO COMPETES ABOUT THEIR BAD THINGS? makes no sense that you have to be number one in the negative! lol

    ReplyDelete