Wednesday, May 4, 2011

I'm a T-Ball Mom

This is my son the T-ball player



He's all bat and no run. God love him we forgot to tell him after he hits that he needs to run. He had so much fun though.

Here's the bitchy part.

The other team was more than ridiculous. They called him out after this hit (which is his first time to bat ever in his little 5 years). They got the ball to first and called him out.

There are NO OUTS in t-ball. Every kid lines up to hit. They hit they run to the base. Every single kid gets to bat. So why would there be outs?

The other teams coaches called him and I think 3 other kids out. Are you kidding me?

I am not cut out for this. I almost ran on the field. I almost did.

This is the first game and apparently the other team has practiced...a lot.

I asked another mom (who's husband is coaching another team) about it. She said there are no outs. Then proceeded to tell me that on opening day the coach in question was a giant A-hole. He told his team that they are soldiers and they were marching on the field in an orderly manner. The rest of the t-ball teams were just happy that our kids made it on the field so we could take their pictures.

If this guy is like this the next time we play? I am not going to reserve it. I'm not going to be nice. Why would you act like that?

So, moral of the story is that my son had a blast. He hit the ball, stood in the wrong place, watched balls go by him, jumped around like a goof ball, faced the wrong way and I got some great video and pictures. So happy he had fun.

But that other coach better watch it.

2 comments:

  1. I hate it when people get all uptight about kids sports! For Pete's sake let them just have fun! I think you should let that coach have it next time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate to make a reputation for myself so early on :) But yup...I'm not going to be quiet next time if he pulls the same crap.

    I can't stand the uptight parents about sports either - at any age in little league (it's supposed to be learning) but it absolutely FLOORS me that he's uptight about friggen t-ball!

    ReplyDelete