Monday, May 16, 2011

No More Martini's

I usually know my limits. I really do. But on Saturday night...I forgot. Happens to the best of us doesn't it?

I had a great time though and isn't that what is important?

I had a new babysitter watch the boys.

Why is it so hard to get good help? (and I do realize that I sound ridiculous but I'm serious).

This babysitter is in college so she's an awesome age (like I assume that she can handle the responsibility of 3 wild and crazy boys and I should have no worries. She can drive a car and drove herself to my house and home (WOOHOO). She isn't old enough to drink so she's not going out after I get home (I have had a "curfew" for another babysitter that wanted to go out after I did so I had to be home at a certain time cause the bar was calling).

Now, I do have to say that I came home and everyone was alive and well. So mission accomplished at that.

I also came home to the pizza still being on the table 6+ hours after she got there. I don't expect her to clean the house spotless, but seriously? I left the pizza out for you (told her that) and she couldn't throw it in the fridge? LAME

There was a water spill on the carpet. Now, to be fair my carpet is not nice at this point at ALL. I refuse to spend the money on something nicer until my kids are done chucking food on the floor as a sign of "I'm done". BUT...seriously? You couldn't pick the cup up and throw a paper towel down?

*sigh*

So now I have the choices in babysitters. A college age girl who doesn't seem to get it. Or a high school age girl who's mom refuses to let us drive her home and comes to get her...this should be a bonus, but I feel like I have to be home on time so her mom doesn't get upset.

Now High School girl? She cleans my house!

Good help is hard to find!

2 comments:

  1. Oh I know the feeling! I had one sitter that wouldn't do ANYTHING I hadn't told her to do. She even left Noah's light on after she put him to bed because I didn't tell her to turn it off!
    When I was in high school my mom told me that when I'm sitting for someone that I should always try and leave the house in better shape than I found it. ie pick up after the kids, try to help the mom out a little. Why do people not raise their kids with a work ethic anymore???

    ReplyDelete
  2. I mean...I don't care (I really don't) if the house isn't CLEAN after she's here - but why the hell wouldn't you throw the pizza in the fridge? It was like 3 steps away...duh...

    ReplyDelete