Friday, May 20, 2011

Facts

So, most of my "readers" on here know me (I'm not disillusion enough to think I have scores of people who read me just because they found me one day) but there are a few of you out there that don't. So I thought today we'd break a few facts down about me (so maybe you're more understanding about where I'm coming from).

1. I am the middle child. I actually like that about myself. It gives me an excuse for my craziness...I just blame it on middle child syndrome. I am also the only adopted kid in my family - which is weird but not really. I have an older brother and a younger sister.

2. I have been married since 2004, but with my husband since 2001.

3. I am a Michigander, but I was born in Iowa, lived briefly in North Carolina and now have been in New Jersey for 11 years now.

4. I complain about motherhood but it's the only thing I ever knew that I wanted for sure. I have never had true career desires (I can't get a degree cause I can't figure out what to do when I grow up). I knew I wanted to be a mom. I knew I wanted 3 kids. These are things that I wanted, so when I complain about them it's more tongue in cheek than anything else.

5. I actually like my job. People often look down at servers, but I like my job. It's fun and stressful, but the stress stays at work. I don't have to think about a deadline for tomorrow, just about what the specials might be. I love the pace of a restaurant. It's completely different from any place I've ever worked which include a marketing firm, a label company (like battery labels), a construction firm, and a job with the government.

6. I am a dreamer. I will never stop. I drive my husband insane. He isn't as much of a dreamer as I am. I will always want more than I have - this does not mean that I am not happy with what I have - but there is always another goal out there. I love my house, but I'd love one with a pool. That kind of thing.

7. I feel unsupported sometimes by my husband. Honestly? he's a great guy. I'm unfair to him. I complain to him about being overwhelmed by certain things and he tries to support me...and then I get pissed off at him and his support. he's in a losing battle with me. I'm working on it.

8. I have ants in my pants. I want to move away from NJ like you wouldn't believe. I don't necessarily hate it - just like moving to new places and doing new things.

9. I really do like to drink, that is not a joke. I'm not afraid to have a cocktail at the end of my day...or 3.

10. I am a horrible housekeeper. It's not a lie. In fact I am supposed to be cleaning right now. I have clothes everywhere from trying to switch out the seasons in my kids wardrobe. I have dust piles. It's not good. I'd say I'm working on it - but that's a lie, I'm sitting right here.

So there. There are some not so bitchy facts about me that may introduce you more into my world. And why I'm bitching usually.

4 comments:

  1. I am a reader who just found your blog one day and I love it! Please keep writing :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. #7? Totally me, I am the same way!

    Thanks for stopping by, and for coming on strong, (love at first post?) I love it! :-)

    And for FB, can you use beyatch? you know like annoying teens wearing tons of makeup and jewelry with expensive purses and sweatpants with Uggs?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Guys;) Thanks for the comments:) and Melissa - tee hee - glad I didn't scare you...yet;)

    I'm liking beyatch! My next naptime I'm checking into it!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh and ps...my favorite is Ugg boots and shorts. What the hell is that? *sigh*

    ReplyDelete