Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Secret Bitching

I apparently am not a nice person. (seriously I wonder about myself).

I secretly chuckle or giggle at a lot of people. I really do.

I also secretly question MANY people. I don't always say it out loud...but I have a lot of questions.

I don't consider myself a better mom because I have 3 kids close in age...but I do consider myself to have gained some sort of wisdom in that time. When I give advice or have things to say I do NOT expect people to fall down and bow to me and listen to every word I say. However, if you asked me for the advice (or asked in general) you could at least consider my thoughts before shooting them down or poopooing them.

While I don't consider myself a super mom (I am far from it...I have doubts every.single.day. about my mothering) I have had 3 vastly different boys that I have kept alive anywhere from 18 months to 5.5 years.

I do *secret bitching* chuckle at some of the people who are so far up their kids asses that they can't remove themselves.

*before we truly begin the secret bitching, as far as I know the people that I am referring to never have even seen my blog and aren't reading...i.e. mostly this is about family*

I have seen a baby spit up (and I use that term loosely - son #1 kept me COVERED in throw up for at least 6 months and this was not that) and seen the parents FREAK out and then wonder if he is hungry now that he spit up. They also changed his clothes. Yes, I did feel superior in that moment. I have to admit. They also made comments about the spit up still being in his mouth. They tried to wipe off his tongue (I am serious.).

I have seen a baby squawk (and yes it was loud) and the mom snatch him up so fast I'm surprised the kid didn't get whip lash. I did consider myself superior in that moment.

I have heard people talk about how busy they are (you know in the way that makes you believe that they are looking for sympathy) and how hard life is...and they have 1 child. Who is a teenager. Don't get me wrong, I am not looking forward to the social life of a teen, but this is a teen who does not have 1 single activity after before or during school. There are no concerts to attend, no lessons to go to, no practice every night, no home or away games. There is bring to school, bring home from school. I would have MORE sympathy if said person worked a lot - had a very stressful job and all that. Nope. 3 part time days a week. That is it. I felt VERY superior when I listened to this whining. I juggle a lot more.

I am no mad genius with the money in my life. I feel like I'm always really "rich" or really "broke". And they happen too close together to make any sense. However, I felt extremely superior when someone was whining about having to move cause their land lord wanted their house. I felt superior because they are trying to stay in an area that they may not be able to afford and I think that is stupid. I felt superior because I worked my ass off, got as many deals as possible, went at an "off" time to save up to go to DisneyWorld while these people took their 4 kids to Aruba for a week in February (when everyone else is there). Have a good vacation, but then finding out that they are renting and "saving" for a house? That didn't make good sense to me. I got more in this category and it is almost all the same people, but you get my point. Housing may just come before Aruba.

Now what would be funny is if you are reading this secretly feeling superior to me and my bitchy self (I deserve it so go ahead).

4 comments:

  1. Those over protective parents kill me! Seriously, your kid is not going to die from a splinter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. see Heidi that's just it. I pride myself on being "chill" as a parent. So maybe I should stop saying 1 child parents...and just say overprotective. That's more what I'm talking about than people with one child...hmmm and as you can see by this post, several members of my family fall into both category's. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, I think you're right to say overprotective and/or psychotic versus 1 child parents. I know some people with an entire gaggle of children who are nowhere near chill. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. tee hee Betsie! I am going to make an effort to not say people with 1 child anymore. It's stuck in the back of my head now - cause I would LIKE to think (although I have no idea) that I was NEVER that up son #1's ass...although I might have been in certain area's. tee hee hee hee

    And...I have seen overprotective people with more than one - but it exhausts me to watch. I can't barely protect let alone over protect!

    ReplyDelete