Thursday, March 31, 2011

Dark side of new furniture

I hate buying new anything. I really do. It sends me into a tizzy. I like getting new things (and honestly we need it in several departments) but I hate the stress of getting it.

Items must be cleaned and moved or thrown away. I am NEVER ready when it happens. So I find myself running around trying to clean up, move items, blech.

Second thing I hate? Is furniture that must be assembled. It stresses me out beyond belief! I don't think my husband and I have ever been so close to divorce as when we have to assemble something together.

I now get sweaty palms when he starts looking at new stuff. I get nervous and twitty.

All of this is to tell you that we got a new desk. It is now assembled. We didn't get divorced...but...we aren't actually the picture of marital bliss while putting things together. He makes me cranky.

Background - T is an engineer. He sees things like an engineer. I am a spaz. I see things like a spaz would. I can't tell you why this goes here or what it should look like. I don't know which end needs to be inserted, I could never tell you that. He can.

So...I end up getting bitchy cause he expects me to know. Then the "I feel stupid" for not knowing comes in...

So we have a new desk. Now I have to move everything. yuck. I should be doing that right now instead of typing but that's not fun.

Scary thing is...we are getting bedroom furniture in like a month. sweet moses.

No comments:

Post a Comment