Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Dear Weather

So as most people know about me, I LOVE THE SNOW! I really do. I love winter and my early dark nights. I love getting a cup of coffee at 8 pm and having it be pitch black (although in the winter I could do this at like 6 pm). I love the storms. I love being stranded in my house.

People know me as a Christmas Lover. I am. I love Christmas, I love a white Christmas. Part of my love of Christmas is that you're all together huddled inside your nice warm house. It (hopefully) is all white and beautiful outside and you're warm and snuggy in the house. LOVE LOVE LOVE.

What I do NOT love, is no spring.

I am officially ready for spring. This bullshit of having 40 degree weather in the end of March? Nope. Not happening.

I need to send my kids outside to play. I need them out of the house - even if it's for 1/2 hour. I need to take a walk with them. I need to take them to the playground and let them get out their energy.

I need to clean out my flower beds. I have bulbs coming up. They are dying because of the cold.

I need it to be nice so I am busy at work. These nights of 6 people need to be done.

I do NOT need beach weather, I NEED spring.

So here is my sad plea with the weather man.

Dear Weather,

Please be nice so I do not go insane. Please warm up so I can start going to the farm stand to buy nice fresh veggies and fruit. Please help me be able to go outside without bundling everyone up. Please warm up so that I can wear my flip flops without everyone pointing at my feet (I wear them year round). Please get nice and beautiful so that I can make my husband grill instead of trying to cook inside of my house. Please stay nice and have a nice warm spring instead of the usual straight from winter to summer.

Sincerely
Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment