Thursday, March 24, 2011

Grout Time

I hate grout. I really do. I LOVE LOVE LOVE tile. If I could figure out how to clean grout easier I would have my whole house done in tile - it's so easy and it's almost impossible for things 1-3 to ruin.

But the grout. Oh the grout.

So...starting last night, half of my day is going to consist of me on my hands and knees (don't get dirty). In one hand grout brush, in the other box of baking soda and on the floor a nice bowl of hot water.

There seriously has to be an easier way than me scrubbing like this.

Thankfully I can honestly say that I'm happy I only do this about once a year (although more in my fully tiled shower...which seemed like such a good idea before I knew about the grout issues).

Anyone have any better way of cleaning grout? Keeping it clean?

And since I'm starting on the grout, I might as well get at the rest of my disastrous house. I never know where to start. I feel like we've outgrown our house, but let's get serious...my parents raised 3 kids in a smaller home. I know I can make this work - I just need to find a place to put the crap!

I want to beg people from now on Please do NOT BUY ANY MORE TOYS. but who is going to listen to that? I want to throw away all the junk, the clothes, the stuff. But I know we'd just buy more.

I need an intervention. Maybe I'll get that new Oprah show to come to my house and clean it and buy me all kinds of organizational tools. Meh I doubt it.

So here it is. This bitch is taking back the house! One room at a time. God help those who get in my way

2 comments:

  1. All I can say is I feel your pain. We are getting ready to sell our house and I spent a good chunk of last weekend scrubbing the grout in our shower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heidi - I haven't even started the shower! AUGH! I have my kitchen floor almost done. But it looks horrible right now. Remnants of baking soda everywhere. *bangs head on wall* hate spring cleaning but it SO needs to be done;)

    Good luck with your move;)

    ReplyDelete